Sunday, March 24, 2013

Moving The Statue in Moron de la Frontera

These people walk in front of the statue of Jesus that is housed in his home church throughout the year, until he comes out, is carried to the Cathedral and back at Easter time. I know the outfits seem weird to us, but remember, Spain had this ritual dress LONG before the KKK thought to steal it from them. So these gentlemen, and children dressed the same, precede the statue.







See those young men with the white bandanas on their heads? They actually carry this puppy on their backs! And it is heavy, so they rotate positions. And they work out on the off season to prepare. It is hard work, and a privilege to be able to do this.

And here is the statue! This gentleman in the suit is guiding the men under the it, (see their white feet?) to turn the corner. They can't see, and they are carrying this heavy thing. I was amazed.




And finally, the band. I am a sucker for marching bands, they make me cry. So between the statue, the men that carried and look so tired, and the band, I was pretty weepy.

Isn't she cute? A drummer.

7 comments:

  1. Interesting. Marching bands? I was bawling @ the AZ Game & Fish expo on Friday. Eagles & owls. Always have... Thanks & Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what is this game and fish expo that you went to?

      Delete
    2. Field trip for students/careers. Endangered/injured wildlife. Something about the birds triggers my emotions. Freedom?

      Delete
  2. Oh aren't we a bunch of saps?
    I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I have to call it spiritual. Love

      Delete
    2. There is something about helpless things; children, animals, people being injured for me too. What is that? I get the whole freedom thing too. So I say you and me, we fly for a bit. What do you think only sister of mine? Shall we take another trip?
      I love you my spiritual sister who I am happy to learn from, and always do.
      Ohhhh sapppppy!
      XOXO

      Delete
    3. You are a good therapist even at such a distance. I am feeling like some EMDR RIGHT NOW! Geez Louise.

      Delete