Saturday, February 2, 2013

I take a hike



Here's the map of where I am going. I got the idea from the book, Walking the Ronda Mountains, 30 half day walks in Andalucia. Basically I drive an hour and 15 minutes to Benamahoma, and hike from there to El Bosque, and back.

A fountain at the entrance to Benamahoma.

Duck and water ... duh!

The water must have sulfur in it because it is really blue, not sure you can tell from the picture, but it's really blue!


Ruins of an old building.
Does the water look bluer without me in the picture? Nice walk, 2 hours. 
Fun.

7 comments:

  1. Blue AND green. This looks very peaceful, is it? Que bonita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like a great hike! wish I was hiking it with you.....great photos....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth and Debbie, I wish you were both hiking it with me! It wasn't peaceful however. It was delightfully full of families and couples walking, snacking and chatting in Spanish, which is part of the reason I picked this particular hike. I didn't want to be in an isolated area.
    Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved hiking with you too.
    I've been shamefully silent, but we've been working hard, taking care of business!
    SOUP...my favorite meal...yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! And I am soooo excited.
      Can't wait to see you.

      Delete
  5. I love the blue water and the stone wheel. Europe can sure show us what old is like. Maybe you will find richard III cousin in Spain. Make a fortune from the discovery and fly us all over to stay with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK then, I'll start looking. See you in May.

      Delete