The last two days of this three day weekend I went to Portugal, because I could!!
I have a dear friend who hated it there, but this place, Albufeira, is the favorite of several people on base who go every chance they get, so I needed to give it a try. It has the perfect set up. Small fishing town, (that is actually part of the marina to the left in the picture below, and part of the town), beautiful beach and good prices. I would go back in a heartbeat. Especially if I were really rich and flying across the Atlantic was not a financial concern. The only bad part?
Lots of German and English folks.
Tons of Seagulls. This one came to visit.
First I was practicing getting myself in the picture.
Then I took a couple more so I could remember that I was happy, and I liked it here.
And here I am leaving Portugal. It was sunny.
Here's an odd thing, that big bridge thing makes my body have a PTSD response.
I have a recurring nightmare where I need to get somewhere and I have to drive up something like this. I am soooo afraid, and it feels like I'm going to flip over on my back, or fly off and crash into what is the ocean in my dreams. I can see the other side, and I can't get there. Stress? I haven't had it lately, but my heart was pounding both times I had to cross under that structure. I'm serious, just looking at the picture below makes me anxious. Other than that. Portugal was a delight.











love the photos and you do look happy and on an adventure. Repetitive anxiety dreams....mine is about water, babies and snakes.
ReplyDeletexoxoxo
Oh honey! Water, babies and snakes! That sounds awful. I think we need to discuss our dreams in detail ... by an ocean... with a beer!
Delete