Saturday, March 2, 2013

Potato Chips!

Signe and her husband went to Moron, 17 KM, with me last night to help me buy a Spanish pre paid phone that I could send to BBB. Now when he gets off the plane in Madrid, he can call me because my number is in his contacts. You can call me too when you get to Spain.
722-416-103. You can call me from the States too if you want, or buy a new car, they cost about the same.

Anyway, how does one repay the kindness I am receiving here? These people gave up a Friday night to help me.

Oh for Pete's Sake!

Rachel's (who works with Signe and Pastori) parents own this potato chip stand. They slice fresh potatoes and fry them in the best olive oil in the world, (did I mention that I am in the middle of thousands of acres of olive trees?) then remove all the calories and sell them to me!!

Rachel (rhymes with what the hell) is just as cute as they are.

Thanks Signe and Alexandro.





6 comments:

  1. well maybe they are so nice cuz you are !

    hurry up and come to San Diego already

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you need to get there first!!
      Don't worry, I plan to stop by on my way to see my GRANDSON!
      XOXO

      Delete
  2. OMG! Potato Chips! The "go to" food for all things stressful!
    It looks like heaven on earth to me!
    xo
    F

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG indeed! You can't believe how good they are, but you will know soon enough, stress or no stress, these potato chips are on the agenda.
      XOXO

      Delete
  3. What great pictures and adventures. I dont know if I could do as much alone and have nothing but admiration for you not to mention love. Lou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lou my love, you could soooo learn to travel alone. It was hard at first. I use this example all the time it had such an impact on me, but the bus ride from Corinto, where I left the Semester at Sea ship, to Managua where I had to go to meet BBB, scared the crap out of me. I was adrenalin racked the whole three hours, carrying a hat box, and a bag, and the people were absolutely lovely! Why not? From that point on I have decided that people are lovely, and I am going to go and see them, even if I have to eat alone! But it will be more fun with you.
    Hasta May.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete