La Rambla, outside of Cordova, is one of the ceramic Meccas of Spain. It has people who actually make ceramics, like Cati here seen painting, kiln in the background, and people who sell ceramics in a warehouse sort of style. Oh, and also pottery which is different huh Fran? I went with a couple of women from the base who have been before and knew favorite places. Lucky me, I would never have known.
Here we are after shopping, it was freezing BTW, having the menu del dia. ( I need to stand in front of a mirror and practice smiling. I can sure look goofy to me sometimes). I had paella.
BiBi is drinking a cafe bonbon. That is a little bit of unsweetened condensed with espresso on top of it. There is also cafe cortado, espresso with a little bit of milk, leche manchada ( which means stained) so stained milk, you know, milk with a little bit of coffee in it, and my favorite, cafe con leche, half coffee, half milk.
It was so cold I kept my hand in my armpits and not on the camera, so on the way home I took a couple pictures out of the window to remind myself of where I went. Sorry about the lack of photos.
Hasta Luego






Such a small kiln! That could be me. I would like a job like that. I wish we could see a finished piece!
ReplyDeleteThe red jacket isn't warm enough?
The menu del dia looks great!
xo
F
Oh Fran, this could sooo be you. She has this nice little thing going, she lives upstairs from the shop. And you will get to see a finished piece.
DeleteThe red jacket is not heavy and I didn't wear enough layers under it. It was a trick day however that started out warm. The woman taking the picture is wearing flip flops!