Monday, January 7, 2013

Virus

In all the hours that I imagined being in SPAIN, and trust me, there were many, for some reason I forgot to imagine being sick. I tried two tactics, on Saturday I tried pretending that I wasn't sick, and went out. On Sunday, I spent the whole day alternating between chills and sweats, sleeping, and ..... get this, being hungry and not feeling like eating! The first picture is my best representation of my lost Sunday.

Yesterday, I woke up feeling just as shitty, but I simply had to go to work. This is a big 'ole base with no one on it, I pass three giant, empty dorms on my way to anywhere. So all 100 Military, and 500 Contractors know everything that's going on ...... anywhere. And just to make sure that they know I am working, I prance around in my red trench coat. I had to show you a picture, because red trench coat can mean a lot of things. I love being able to walk everywhere.

The weather is nice and the trench coat is only necessary in the mornings. I had breakfast at the Spanish cafe on base, that's Angel next to his espresso machine.

Got some fun stuff going right off the bat. I'm afraid to be too specific, but I will get to be in the school some, working with a delightful family, an even more delightful child, and on a completely unrelated note, Maria (L) and Signe (R), who will be showing me the three other Spanish cafes during lunches as soon as Signe and I start feeling better.

One thing I realize about this blog is that it is all about me, which is the point I guess, but I love hearing your news as well, so please keep me posted, as most of you have.

Hasty Luego







4 comments:

  1. Mommy - It was SO FUN to get home from Maui and get to catch up on a full week of what you have been up to! I love the pictures, I love your descriptions, and I am on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what happens next. I am so envious, this looks like just a ton of fun. I'm sorry you are getting sick, I hope you are able to feel better soon. I love you!
    xoxo The Deenster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Deena. I love seeing if there is a new entry and what has happened since your last entry. Also love the pictures.

    I, too, was pretending to not be sick - I even went on a ridiculously long hike on Saturday to prove it. It all caught up with me on Sunday and yesterday I wa horizontal about 22 of 24 hours. Today will be more of the same. Time for self reflection.

    Get better and keep posting!

    Xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you guys, thanks for caring what I write about! I feel so happy knowing that someone actually cares what I am doing.
      Deena, should you start a baby blog, so you can keep us posted regarding the development of out first grandchild?
      Deena, meet my friend Beth, she has 9 grandchildren the lucky bitch (but she started with more children children than I did).
      I love you both.

      Delete
  3. Hola!
    Well, I guess it's a global thing, Mike and I have been on death's doorstep as well. We also tried pretending we weren't sick (Happy New Year Ya'll) and he ended up in urgent care for IV fluids.
    Me, I just took whatever I could get my hands on to sleep through it. Seems to have worked.
    Sadly, I haven't been able to ride my new Christmas bicycle...it's a peddle-assist with a motor. Maybe, tomorrow I'll ride it into town to pick up Joe's bread.
    Is Angel's espresso delicious?
    I love the red coat...no mistaking you for a "........".
    Congratulations Deena and Mike if you are reading this!
    That is going to be one beautiful baby!
    Kathy, I am seriously considering the visit. Thinking about it everyday. As of today, I want to see anything that has to do with Gaudi, eat the food and see the beaches. That's about it.
    Hope you are feeling better. Love seeing the pics and hearing about your days!
    Ciao!
    xo
    F

    ReplyDelete