Friday, January 4, 2013

My First Week is Over

It was an exciting day for me today, I went to the Spanish side of the base and talked to the Human Resources Director IN SPANISH! I heard from the youth center director that several people were getting laid off, so I went and offered my services. She seemed to appreciate it. I will keep you posted if I actually get any Spanish speaking clients. It's one thing to speak, I get to choose my words, and go slow, and another thing to listen. People just seem to use any old word they want, and rattle them off in a big flood sometimes. Know what I mean?
I also drove into Moron de la Frontera, and bought some groceries. I found Pacifico, imported from Mexico, so I bought some for you Thomas. They may be too expensive to ship, so you will probably have to come here and drink them with me. Bring Amy.
Also found out where the Spanish eat on base, rather by accident, it's the little area to the left of the big building that is not La Bibloteca. A couple of the Youth Center women are going to show me other places during lunch next week, where we will be eating Menu Del Dia!!! Raise your hand if you remember that?
Also, almost everyone speaks Spanish, so I am using it a lot.
BBB, we did the exercise in the YC today where you draw upside down. It was cool. It came about because I was telling them who you are, and what you do. Fun. Thanks.
I may ask you to send some mags to me.
Hasta the next time,
Katalina





1 comment: