If I walk out of my hotel and face North I am looking right at the building that houses my office. That's the first picture, and that is also really North. Just East of that are the three dorm buildings that were once full, and now appear to be empty. The third picture is the track I walk across to get to the school where I have been spending every morning. That is the building on the far left of the picture. To the right (E) of the school is the pool, not open now, then the gym where I take the classes, then the bowling alley and finally the Youth Center where the nicest women in all of Spain work. Next in line, if I face South, I am looking at the side of the hotel, a little to the West is my car. Really. And finally, my favorite Gato, who has been walking along the wall, purring and rubbing my leg. He is here every day when I walk back, and he is always purring and friendly even though I am not the one who feeds him. But you never know, I might.
So this has been my life without a car so far. Starting Thursday I am going to put some buildings on the flight line in rotation and that requires a car. Probably.
So this is where I work, and know you know the rest of the story.
Hasta Luego








the wide open spaces with the mountains in the background remind me of AZ.
ReplyDeleteAre their other guests at the hotel? It looks like there is only one, your, car in the parking lot.