Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lunch

This is the second of three Spanish restaurants on base. Garbanzo bean soup and fish for me. I love it. Signe is still full of snot and she wanted the photo to reflect that. It does.

Evidently there are a couple of times a year for big sales in Spain, and one started the day after New Year so Signe and Pastore are going to let me tag along with them into Seville after work tonight to shop.

Sevillana Dance dress? Maybe I'll wait until I take a second lesson.

Went to the Chaplin's house in Utrera for The Wednesday Night Pot Luck, and guess what? Wherever I was last Saturday, it wasn't Utrera. I can't believe my internal compass is so bad! I have the GPS set so N is always up on my map, and I'm talking to myself "so this is W like going toward Anthem" and I try to picture my Spain map in my head, and I came home last night, looked at the Spain map, and I still had it upside down. I have so much empathy for people with dsylexia! If they can learn to read however,I can learn to drive around this base. BBB, I miss your compass nose.

That's about enough nonsense for now.

Hasty Luego















3 comments:

  1. looks yummy. Who are the people you are with? Do they work there? They are all so cooperative with getting their photos taken. I am loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, keep the shoes. They'll be a big hit at Jazzercise!
    What are those fried things? Are those red chilies in the center?
    xo
    F

    ReplyDelete
  3. The people I am with are amazing! The airman works in security and her daughters go to The Youth Center after school. Signe, sneezing is the director, and Postori (spelling to be verified later) works with the children along with Maria who is in Madrid with her daughter. Their kindness and generosity is a bit amazing actually. Lucky for me they are happy to show me around.
    The fried things are fish croquettes and I think the center is red cabbage. The talk last night was about the different kinds of gazpacho, how it originated (field workers storing veggies in the well then smaching them at lunch time to drink cold in the fields)and that this guy in Puerto (?) who is about 90 makes the best. I am going to get this all written down for future USE!

    ReplyDelete