The flight over was hard, and this from a woman who LOVES airports. It turns out, I love my sleep more than I thought, maybe it's my age.
So here's the view from the window in my room, and as it turns out, my bed, which is where I am sitting now. Luckily, everyone I report to is on leave until Monday. I had to get up at 3:30 to take the woman I replaced to the airport in Seville, so when I got back, I went back to bed. Acid woke me up. She and I had a taco salad last night on base, and I ate some of the deep fried tortilla. I won't EVER do that again.
Look at the cool hiding place I discovered while taking the picture. Great ledge for hiding all the hotel stuff.
I just met Carmen and Maria, the cleaning ladies, who were thrilled to hear that I only want my room cleaned once a week. Oh isn't that just ducky for them, AND FOR ME!
On one side of my bed are the Spain study materials where I will look for good places to go when you come to visit, and on the other side is my computer where I will write you messages, in the middle is where I will do my counseling ...... NO, just kidding, I have an office, but there are only 93 Americans on the base so there isn't much actual counseling, more like walking around and talking to people, mostly mothers and their kids. YUM.
This lat picture is for you Fran, and for my mother who warned me not to leave the house in ratty underwear, just in case of an accident or something. Mom, it ripped somewhere over the Atlantic, I promise. Fran, I think the pics of you laughing are darling, keep the stripped shirt. Just look at my underwear and remember, it could be worse!
Here I go to check out my new job.
XOXO





You are too funny! Hopefully you don't have to spend too much time in your room. Enjoy.
ReplyDeleteNot much room time. Work outside during the week, and pranch around Spain on the weekends!
DeleteWell, look at you blogging away. Looks like you have a great view, love the trees. And the underpants shot.....priceless....
ReplyDelete:-)
I got this idea to blog from a very clever friend of mine who has a blog!! Isn't she about as smart as they come? Cute too. No more underwear shots.
DeleteThe key is to just not wear underwear. If you are in an accident, I think you'll get preferential treatment. Muy pronto!
ReplyDeleteA beautiful view out your window. What's the temp?
Love the line of Eucalyptus trees...is that what they are?
Sorry striped sweater is "gone girl gone" now! It's an arm thing.
I heard on the news that more servicemen / women committed suicide last year then were killed in combat.???!!!
¿Es verdad?
xo
F
Fran, you are sooo funny!
DeleteI have been hearing about the suicide stats, and just made a plan today with the Chaplin to do a suicide prevention talk and lunch next week. Now, let's see if anyone attends!! Getting an audience is his job.
XOXO