Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shopping in Sevilla

OMG, Sevilla is just like Valencia (go figure). We went shopping after work, so left here about 6 got to Sevilla abut 7, and as the night went on, it got even busier, and it was only Thursday. So the deal is to shop until the stores close at 10, then eat, tapas in our case. I got home at midnight. This from someone who hasn't seen a New Year in since 1975.

In the car is BeBe the librarian, the blurry picture I am posting anyway because it is the only one of us with tapas, Pastori is standing next to a statue with her same name, and Sun, from Korea, is in my Sevillana dance class. "I wanted to learn so I could dance at Ferria. How fun to come to Sevilla and learn the Flamingo." She is even more beautiful in her dress and shoes, and yes there are videos of her on u tube dancing at Ferria, which takes place two weeks after Semena Santa. And means .... Fair. Big trading, eating and drinking day in the past.

Got the low down on Semena Santa from Pastori, and they are talking about taking the AVI (high speed train) to Valencia to see Fallas. Tom Bell, can you jump on sometime and give us the skinny Fallas?

I'm off to work,

Hasta Luego









3 comments:

  1. Sissy you look great! So pretty & having fun w/new friends.... I would like a copy of the pic of you on the mall? Love that. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look like you are having a blast and it looks like your new friends are fun-loving. Bet they luv you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My new friends ARE fun loving. Over tapas, while we are talking about different kinds of gazpacho, Pastori said "I like you. You want to do everything, and you like everything." They are excited to show me Spain, and I am excited to see it. For Pete's Sake! Kill me now because this is as good as it gets for me!
    OK, I would like to see my grandchildren in the flesh and not just as a spirit so I'd like to hang around a little longer, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete